Monday, November 29, 2010

Mean Glee Girls

So I know that I may or may not have posted a lot of Mean Girls related things in this class, but I thought that with an "obsessions" assignment such as this one, it was too good to pass up. I thought about merging two of my obsessions- Mean Girls, and Glee (from my last post) somehow, so I figured that an image was the best way to do it.



This is the picture that I got my inspiration from- the Glee "loser" posters that came out during the beginning of the first season. There's individual and group versions of these posters too (I'm not hinting at possible Christmas presents at ALL). Pictured on top are the Glee characters: Quinn Fabray (Dianna Agron) and Rachel Berry (Lea Michele).



So my lack of photoshop left me with nothing but the use of paint and a LOT of trial and error in order to merge the characters Regina George (Rachel McAdams) and Cady Heron (Lindsay Lohan) together in this picture. But even if I could find someone with photoshop, I would still need a while to figure out how to use it. So after almost 2 hours of attempting to match skin colors by using the paint brush, and free-form select tools, I came up with this monstrosity.



Thankfully, I found an online image editor called Fotoflexer that allowed me to change the design of the picture so you couldn't actually see any of my butchering. I had you fooled about my skills, right?

4 comments:

  1. HA this is funny and I feel like everyone that hates the Glee club in Glee are kind of like the Mean Girls...
    They would definitely fit into the show as cheerleaders or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, this is great! I think that original glee image is so recognizable now and as I scrolled through the course blog site I saw your mashup of the two and instantly understood and loved what you intended with it. The result looks REALLY good! It's obvious you worked hard on it. I don't even think your "monstrosity" looks that bad, although the Fotoflexer touch is impressive. Thanks for sharing the link to that! I think your image-the mashup of glee/mean girls-would make an awesome poster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HaHa, thanks for bringing back Mean Girls!
    I'm really glad you went and used Fotoflexer; it made ALL the difference! It just goes to show you how difficult photo shop can really be, because it's not as though you didn't match things well. But when you add effects over it, I'm 100% fooled. GREAT work!
    :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really well done, the program fotoflexer definitely made a huge difference. Photoshop seems complex

    ReplyDelete